V 100% Cotton Duck Feather Pillow
This comfy Vision duck feather pillow is an economical option when choosing a natural filled product, providing luxurious comfort for guests.
Luxuriously created from soft white duck feathers, our Vision duck feather pillow provides guests with superior comfort and support, as well as being the economical option when choosing a natural filled product. The cover is woven from the finest 233 thread count, 100% cotton, providing downproof properties.
The piped edging and twin needle stitching also provides an attractive and durable finish to this 5 star quality pillow.
Large - 48 x 74cm
Natural Fill Wash Guide
Our wash instructions are only a guide and might not be suitable for the care process you require. Please contact us if you are not sure about any of the information provided below. For more tips on how to care for our products see our laundry advice guide.
Machinery – Washer Extractor
Not suitable for laundering in Continuous Batch Washers as blockages are most likely to occur.
Loading – Load to 50% of visual capacity. Do not overload the machine as the filling can be crushed/damaged. Under loading will allow the goods to move freely, increase the area in contact with the wash liquor and allow for adequate cleaning.
Washing Frequency – Feather/down filled goods may require washing once to twice per year as the natural filling can support the growth of bacteria. Correct laundering is key to ensure an adequate lifespan.
- Recommended Detergent Quantity: 20g/kg Neutral detergent. The higher detergent quantity will make for a more efficient wash at a lower temperature. Neutral detergent will help protect the structure of the feather. Highly alkaline detergents can attack the protein from which the feather is made, and prematurely damage the feathers.
- Prewash: Wash in a medium dip level at 38°C for 4 minutes using ⅓ of the total detergent quantity. The prewash will soften protein stains such as food, vomit, blood etc and must not exceed 38°C. Temperatures in excess of this will set protein stains making removal very difficult or even impossible.
- Main Wash: Low dip level at 40°C for 6 minutes using the remaining ⅔ of the detergent plus light oxygen bleach to help remove any stains such as tea/coffee or red wine. DO NOT USE SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE BLEACH. This will weaken the protein in the feathers causing premature damage to the filling.
- Rinse 1: High dip level for 3 minutes
- Interspin: 1 minute. This is very useful to improve rinse efficiency as more residual wash chemicals will be removed.
- Rinse 2: High dip level for 3 minutes
- Interspin: 1 minute
- Rinse 3: High dip level for 3 minutes. Three rinses are strongly recommended to ensure all chemicals are fully removed from the filling. Residual chemicals will attack and degrade the natural filling.
- Drain and Final Extract: Spin for 6 minutes at high speed.
- Tumble Dry. Use a dryer matched to the washing machine.
- Load to give 33% visual capacity when dry. The filling needs adequate room to move freely and dry properly. Improper drying of the filling can lead to mildew odours due to the formation of damp clumps.
- Dry on the cotton temperature setting to reduce the overall drying time and reduce physical damage to the feathers.
- To prevent clumping of the filling or if clumping occurs add soft heavy rubber balls in the tumble dryer to help break up and distribute the filling. This will also help the fill to dry.