Anti-Allergy Microfibre Cover Hollowfibre Pillow
Each pillow is woven with a durable microfibre cover & filled with a 510g hollowfibre filling, giving hotel guests a comfortable and soft experience.
Our hollowfibre pillow is packed in pairs so you get two pillows which are created especially to provide a comfortable yet economical option for either your home or hotel bedrooms.
Each pillow is woven with a durable microfibre cover and filled with a 150g hollowfibre fillin. This pillow pair provide a medium level of support for your head and neck throughout the night ensuring a great night's sleep.
With a unique anti-allergy filling, this pillow pair is suitable for machine washing and has attractive piped edges with twin needle stitching to ensure the fill is held securely in place.
Standard - 46 x 69cm
|Features||Anti-Allergy, Machine Washable|
Synthetic Fill Wash Guide
Our wash instructions are only a guide and might not be suitable for the care process you require. Please contact us if you are not sure about any of the information provided below. For more tips on how to care for our products see our laundry advice guide.
Machinery – Washer Extractor
Not suitable for laundering in Continuous Batch Washers as blockages are most likely to occur.
Loading – Load to 50% of visual capacity. Do not overload the machine as the filling can collapse and be crushed. Under loading will allow the goods to move freely, increase the area in contact with the wash liquor and allow for adequate cleaning.
Washing Frequency – Synthetic fill does not support the growth of bacteria so should only require laundering if the goods become soiled. Correct laundering is key to ensure an adequate lifespan.
- Recommended Detergent Quantity: 20g/kg. The higher detergent quantity will make for a more efficient wash at a lower temperature.
- Prewash: Wash in a medium dip level at 38°C for 4 minutes using ⅓ of the total detergent quantity. The prewash will soften protein stains such as food, vomit, blood etc and must not exceed 38°C. Temperatures in excess of this will set protein stains making removal very difficult or even impossible.
- Main Wash: Low dip level at 40°C for 8 minutes using the remaining ⅔ of the detergent plus 2 – 4mls/kg of mid-range *emulsifier to remove any oily stains and skin oils or grease from creams etc.
- Rinse 1: High dip level for 3 minutes with 6ml/kg Sodium Hypochlorite if necessary for stain removal.
- Interspin: 1 minute. This is very useful to improve rinse efficiency as more residual wash chemicals will be removed.
- Rinse 2: High dip level for 3 minutes. A suitable Antichlor should be added to the final rinse to fully neutralise the hypochlorite and prevent fabric damage.
- Drain and Final Extract: Spin for 6 minutes at high speed.
- Tumble Dry. Use a dryer matched to the washing machine.
- Load to give 33% visual capacity when dry. The filling needs adequate room to move freely and dry properly. Overloading can crush the filling.
- Dry on the polyester temperature setting. Do not dry at high temperature. This can cause synthetic fibres to begin melting, become sticky and bond together which will cause irreversible clumping of the fill. Do not over-dry.
- To prevent clumping of the filling or if clumping occurs (due to general entanglement rather than bonded by melting), add soft heavy rubber balls in the tumble dryer to help break up and distribute the filling.
Emulsifiers are used to help remove oils and greases and are cheaper and more effective than increasing the quantity of detergent. Emulsifiers typically fall into 3 categories depending on the type of oil/grease to be removed:
- Spa oil
- Kitchen fats/oils
- Engineers oil/grease and shoe polish
It is essential that the correct emulsifier type is used as not all emulsifiers will remove the full range of oils/greases. The appropriate product to use is best discussed with a reputable detergent supplier.