VE 100% Polyester Coloured Classic Bed Runner
A classic bed runner crafted from 100% polyester with easy wash, easy care properties. Available in six attractive and eye-catching colours.
This classic runner is crafted from 100% polyester to ensure easy wash, easy-care properties. The luxury feel and handle can add a stylish update to any room whilst the cream polyester lining mean it’s perfect for housekeepers to identify, sort and change over during busy periods.
Measuring 158cm x 48cm, our runners fit a variety of standard bed sizes and will look great in any style or decor.
158 x 48cm
100% Polyester Wash Guide
Our wash instructions are only a guide and might not be suitable for the care process you require. Please contact us if you are not sure about any of the information provided below. For more tips on how to care for our products see our laundry advice guide.
- Can be washed at 60C.
- Do not mix colours on the first wash. Residual dye/chemicals may be present from manufacture which may cause cross contamination.
- Always wash white linen on its own to prevent dye contamination from other colours.
- Subsequent washes can be classified according to colour e.g. pale shades such as peach and pink can be washed together at lower temperatures (less than 60C).
- Wash loads should also be classified according to the degree of soiling.
- Do not mix fibre types. Washing and/or drying 100% cotton and polyester/cotton blends with 100% polyester linen will result in cotton lint attaching to the surface of the polyester fabric giving the appearance of pilling (or "bobbling
- Shake out linen to remove any cutlery, solid food residues and other foreign objects before loading into the washing machine. Items such as knives and pens can damage or permanently stain the fabric.
- Detergents containing OBA (Optical Brightening Agents) are only recommended on white goods. This will make a white fabric appear whiter and brighter.
- The use of detergents containing OBA can alter the appearance of coloured shades giving the impression of colour loss. Coloured fabric should ideally be washed in detergents that do not contain OBA.
- Residual staining can be removed using oxygen based bleaching agents but these should not be substituted for a good wash process with adequate detergency. Care and attention should be given to the conditions of use.
- Chlorine bleach (Sodium Hypochlorite) can cause permanent colour loss and shade changes and should be avoided.
- The wash temperature can affect the fabric quality. If polyester is washed at 60C, a cool down stage must be included between the high temperature wash and cold temperature rinsing. The wash liquor temperature should reduce to 50C and a rate of approximately 4C per minute.
- High temperature washing can without a sufficient cool down stage can result in Thermal Shock Creasing. This occurs when hot, soft and pliable polyester fibres are cooled too quickly whilst in a crumpled state. This results in small "broken ice" type creases on the fabric surface.
- For best results polyester linen should be ironed dry. Always feed the fabric into the ironer whilst damp.
- Higher ironer temperatures (above 170C) on modern machinery can cause softening and distortion of polyester if consistently ironed in the same direction. Altering the direction of feed after each wash will minimise this effect.